Covid-19 has changed the landscape of the world and video production and all in entails is not spared from this pandemic.
Below is the SOP for filming in Malaysia as stated by Senior Minister (Security) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob on 2nd of June 2020:
He said: “Previously, I had said shooting of films, TV and advertisements can resume after Hari Raya. It’s been decided, these productions can resume starting from June 10, 2020.
“However, every production must adhere to the SOP, especially keeping the social distance and ensuring there is no large crowd.”
In a press conference on May 20, Ismail Sabri had listed the conditions. They include:
– Meetings and auditions must be held online.
– The social distancing rule must be followed throughout the shoot, which means there must not be any physical contact at all between the cast members.
– There must not be more than 20 people present on set at one time.
– Hair and makeup artists must wash their hands before and after getting the talent ready. They must also wear a face shield.
– There will be no buffet tables on set. Food must be packed individually.
– A security supervisor must be appointed to make sure everyone follows the SOP.
Also at that May 20 press conference, Ismail Sabri mentioned: “Scenes that require for the talents to be near each other are prohibited unless the right technique is used to achieve it.
“It’s up to the team how they want to do that. However, physical contact between cast members is not allowed and they must always be one metre apart.”